New Name?

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Considering the current state and direction of the control, its current name "NetView" feels not fully proper to me.

Therefore I want to start a discussion about a new name.

To join the discussion, just append your ideas and proposals to this thread. I will start with all the ideas I collected so far.

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Because this is a great extension to the possibilities of Access I suggest:

Acctension

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM

(Unfortunately I currently can't find the list of suggested names I've gathered so far. Seeking...)

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Baula wrote:

(Unfortunately I currently can't find the list of suggested names I've gathered so far. Seeking...)

Thanks to the help of JosefP, I now can provide the suggestions from the Access Live Meeting (http://forum.access-codelib.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=231 - in German, registration required) from July this year:

• ItemVisualizer
  • RectView/RecView
  • ViziBoard
  • InformationVisualizer
  • InfoViz/InfoVizi
  • Vizit!
  • OpenVizit!
  • OpenEntity
  • StickIt
  • ItemView
  • InfoView
  • MultiView
  • GridView
  • ...Box
  • DrawBox
  • MultiDrawBox
  • Virtual MultiDraBox (VMDB)

For the sake of completeness, here are suggested names, where already a product with that name exists:

And now - your votes, please.

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I would suggest "AccessTileControl"

The most stuff showing up if you google this term is about using the MS TreeView Control in Access. And this is exactly the one which I would like to replace with a more robust item, where I can show hierarchical data and drive more of the details. (and no harm if it looks cooler afterwards...)

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:20 AM
Edited Oct 14, 2012 at 5:28 AM

Here are two ideas from an anonymous source:

• TileView
  • RectView

[AEK15A]

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM

What do you think of AccView?

In Reference to AccUnit and AccSpec?

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Edited Oct 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Here are two ideas from an anonymous source: